Sent on Behalf of President Spence:
On November 19, 2020 PEF strongly encouraged all members at risk of losing Vacation Leave accruals to document and request time off as soon as possible. I am happy to announce that the numerous requests across the state to various agencies resulted in a new extension of the PEF MOU regarding expiration of unused vacation accruals. Unused vacation credits subject to our initial March 11, 2020 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) may now be carried by PEF members through 12/31/21.
- Any vacation credits earned after 4/1/21 are not impacted
- All other conditions set forth in the PEF March 11, 2020 MOU remain in effect.
I want to thank you, as a leader, for bringing this message of action to your members. The positive result demonstrates what can be accomplished when we take one unified message and make it happen. We are PEF strong!
Reminder of current PEF action- Seeking Photos of health and safety violations
An article “State Workers Voice COVID Concerns” was published today, Nov. 23, in the Albany Times Union. As you read the article, I would ask that you do the following:
- Ask yourself if any COVID-related health and safety violations exist at your worksite (lack of social distancing or mask wearing, poor cleaning protocols, forced groupings, etc.)
- Are you able to take a photo or provide documented evidence that health and safety violations exist?
- We are seeking documented evidence that we can submit to reporters, judges, the community and elected officials
Please send all photos or documents to HealthandSafety@PEF.org